Do you know that 132million people have a common interest? These people use a website called "Facebook" to use in many ways for sharing ideas, and common interests or building relationships.
Many people use different social networks,but according to Business Week Online;(8/14/2008) the number of Facebook users has increased rapidly. It is most popular.
It's good for people in the world; Facebook users make friends from different cultures or countries with different thoughts and backgrounds because by building relationships with them, the users can learn many things from their friends' thoughts and experiences. However, too much good can be bad. Once you start building relationships strong, you start to care about your friends more by spending more time on Facebook and sometimes you even use your study time or work time on Facebook to the build relationships stronger. Therefore, if you are a student, your grades will go down eventually as time goes "It wastes studying time",said Inae.L, a student. Once people spend more than 2 weeks (minimum) on Facebook, they will be addicted to Facebook. Little by little they find that it's really hard to get out of addiction of Facebook and, they (won't) know when to stop",-Emily.Y. said
I joined Facebook in summer, 2007. During the first week, I only had 3 friends but as more people added me as their friends or I added people as my friends, the amount of time I spent on Facebook increased. Therefore, because of that from my point of view, Facebook is addictive and it's hard to control or set a limited amount of time. I also feel that I'm really addicted to Facebook because whenever I turn on my computer, I check my Facebook account first just like e-mail. Facebook got rid of "e-mail" from my life due to its easier communications with others.
But although it's addictive and take away our studying time, it gives us some benefits. As Dani R, said, "It helps connect with friends,” we use this “opportunity” to build more relationships than relationships made in school because it’s 1:1 chat, so we don’t need to care about other people’s attention. Also unless people bring a voice recorder to school, comments on pictures of our lives by our friends are also part of our good memory when we look them a few months or years later. We will say “Oh, I miss that time” or “I remember when he/she said that.” Since it’s your “own web” unless you delete things, it will remain forever. In other words, this can last longer than written comments although written comments are sometimes much better. It's not just for students,either Businessmen can also use Facebook to help their business or relationships with their business partners. According to one businessman sited in Business Week Online (8/13/2008), “I’m in the business of collecting people. Relationships are my currency. The more people I know, the more deals I’m exposed to. The more deals I’m exposed to, the more opportunities I have.” From my point of view, workers (businessmen who are working on their project to sell products with other companies) will post pictures and explanations or plans of their projects on Facebook and share ideas with their business partners because it’s a lot easier and less complicated then e-mail.
So, the only thing we have to careful about using Facebook is that we should be able to control ourselves; not to become too addictive but use wisely, set limited amount of time per day. Once we are used to the control, we will be fine and have fewer struggles.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's quite interesting to know that you are addicted to Facebook.
I like the intro a lot, and you could have made the whole article a little easier to read, but besides that, it waa good.
Hey Kwang, i loved the article, we have the same hook, it worked by the way
Post a Comment